The best part about making your own granola is, you get to control the ingredients. This is especially handy when you or someone you love has a food allergy. This recipe is quick and easy.
Check out our favorite chocolatey granola.
3 cups rolled oats
¾ cups coconut flakes
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
½ Coconut Sugar or Turbinado Sugar
⅔ cup melted coconut oil
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1.5 cups chocolate chips
Sea Salt for finishing
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the oats, coconut flakes, cocoa powder, salt, and ⅓ cup of sugar in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Mix the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla together.
- Pour the liquid over your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the granola evenly into a baking sheet
- Bake for 50 minutes. Check periodically to stir the granola and ensure your granola is cooking thoroughly.
- After 50 minutes, take the granola out of the oven. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the granola and return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven and sprinkle the remaining sugar and salt over the granola.
- Let the granola cool down for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
For a little more spice, try mixing things up…
Add almonds, cashews, pecans, or peanuts to the mix.
Or add some fruit like cranberries, raisins, apricots.
Oh and don’t forget White chocolate chips or peanut butter chips work well in the recipe also.
The mix-up possibilities are endless. You might even be able to create one for each member of your family.
Make a batch today, and let me know what combination you ended up with.