You can absolutely use essential oils to love on your brain. First of all, let me share this amazing nugget of information with you. Our sense of smell is the only one of our senses that connects to the limbic system, the emotional control center of our brain.
This system supports things like behavior, motivation, and long term memory. It’s even connected to the parts of the brain that control heart rate, hormones, blood pressure, breathing, and stress.
Grab those essential oils and use them! Diffuse them or apply them topically and inhale! Here are some good ones to grab…
- Peppermint - purifying & stimulating to the conscious mind
- Rosemary - creates an environment conducive to work or study
- Eucalyptus - promotes feelings of calming & stability, along with an energizing feeling
- Orange - creates an uplifting and calming atmosphere.
- Lavender - creates an atmosphere conducive to releasing tension & daily stressors
- Bergamot - promotes an atmosphere for inspiration, productivity, calming, & positivity